31st Annual Frederick Camera Clique
The Camera Clique is looking to showcase the full range of subject matter that photographers in the region capture with their cameras. This includes landscape, cityscape, architecture, travel, people, street photography, sports, macro, abstract, fine art, wildlife from insects to elephants to birds to fish to frogs and pretty much anything else you can think to put in front of your lens.
Submissions Accepted March 8, 2017 thru May 14, 2017
The exhibition will be held July 15 to September 6, 2017 at the Mary Condon Hodgson Gallery at Frederick Community College, 7932 Opossumtown Pike, Frederick, MD, (301) 846-2513.
Gallery is open
Mon- Thurs 7:30AM to 10PM
Fri 7:30AM to 5PM
Sat 7:30Am to 4PM
The Opening Reception will be held Saturday, July 15th, from 5 – 7 PM
- Best in Show $200
- Best Color Image $150
- Best Monochrome Image $150
- Category 1st Place People, Places, Things $100
- People’s Choice Award
- Honorable Mention Awards may be made at the juror’s discretion
Winners of all awards and prizes will be announced at the opening reception and they will be posted online following the reception on our website.
Our Juror this year is David Blecman a commercial photographer based in Annapolis MD. David started his photographic career fresh out of high school in 1978, and before turning twenty, he was named Photo Editor of the county newspaper. After many years of shooting weddings and such, he started Positive Negatives in 1997 and concentrated more into the commercial photography arena. He is now an internationally recognized photographer and instructor, having taught in over a dozen countries to photographers, models, and makeup artists.
He has photographed projects for such clientele as Sears, Color Me Beautiful, JC Penney, Bath & Body Works, Foot Action and Kaybee Toys. David has also been hired to photograph such celebrities as President George W. Bush, Christina Aguilera, Jimmy Buffett, Steely Dan, Moody Blues, Beyonce and numerous others.
David speaks at modeling and photography venues, judges pageants, teach at modeling agencies and continues to teach and mentor photographers, models, and makeup artists internationally. His 2010 training course in the Caribbean was filmed to become a 13-episode television series.
- Submitted photos must be the original work of the photographer identified on the entry.
- Photos that have been accepted into the show in previous years may not be re-entered into the competition.
- Photos will be submitted in digital form but may be digital or film in origin. For entries accepted into the show the photographer will provide exhibition ready matted and framed prints.
- Prints may be chemical or digital/inkjet based on paper, canvas or metal. Photo effects are welcome.
- No distinction will be made between altered or unaltered photos. If, in the judgment of the exhibition management or juror, a photo has been submitted to the wrong category it may be moved to another category.
- All decisions by the juror and exhibition management are final and binding.
HOW TO ENTER:
- You can enter up to twelve images in a entry. There is a limit of one entry per photographer
- Please prepare your images prior to starting the application process.
- Images must be submitted in in jpg format with a long side dimension of at least 1200 pixels but not more than 2400 pixels.
- It is recommended that the files be saved using the sRGB color space.
- The cost per image entered is $6 for Frederick Camera Club Members and $10 for non-members. For active military or student the cost per image entered is $6. So an entry of 6 images for an FCC member, student or active military would cost $36 and an entry of 6 images by a non-member would cost $60.
- If you'd like to join the Frederick Camera Club before submitting an entry, you may do so by visiting our membership page and signing up..
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY WORK
Photographers with accepted work are expected to provide ready to hang matted and framed (if appropriate) prints of the accepted photos. Metal and gallery wrap prints are allowed. The ready to hang work must be no more than 26 inches in the long dimension and no less than 10 inches in the short dimension. These size restrictions apply to metal prints and gallery wrap as well as framed work. All work, no matter the format, must be ready to hang using a wire hanging system on the back. If there is no wire the work will not hang, no exceptions. Framed work must be matted, mats may be of any color, though white, off-white, and black mats are recommended unless a colored mat strengthens the image. Frames may be wood or metal and must be black or a dark color or stain. The frame should be no more than 2 inches wide. Collages or multiple window mats are not permitted. The work must be labeled on the back with the photographer’s name, title, price if for sale, phone number and email address.
Works may be offered for sale by photographers but they must remain on display for the duration of the show. No commission will be taken by the Clique on sold photos. A commission of 25% will be taken by Frederick Community College. Submission of entry form and fees constitutes acceptance of all terms contained herein.
Drop-off times at the Delaplaine
Accepted entry print drop-off at the Delaplaine:
June 18, 2017, 1 - 3 pm
June 25, 2017, 1- 3 pm
July 12, 2017, 6 - 7 pm
Announcement of Prize Winners:
Winners of all awards and prizes will be announced at the opening reception and they will be posted online following the reception at frederickcameraclique.org.
You can submit your entry online with our entry system. If you have any questions regarding the entry process, please contact email@example.com.